Branding matters. It’s like your visual signature. It’s how people can quickly recognize your business, even before they read a word.
When I was working on creating Lucas, I knew we needed to make it easy for users to update their video to make it match their brand. It’s not just adding a logo at the beginning or end. The whole video would need to change. And it would need to be something you could do quickly — Lucas is used especially by SMB owners, and they’re busy people.
So I’m happy to share that it is possible. You can use AI to easily brand your videos so it’s recognizable to your customers and prospects.
Curious how to do it? In this blog, I’ll outline the steps and share tips for how to get the most out of our Brand Kit.
Why Does Branding Matter for Video?
First off, why does branding even matter when it comes to video?
The most important thing is making your content recognizable so people know it’s you at a glance. Branding also gives consistency to your content. This is especially important when it’s promotional content that reaches those less familiar with your brand. You want to make a good first impression, and you want them to recognize you again later when they see another piece of content you’ve made, whether that’s an ad or a web page or another video.
While creating an ad or a flyer might be easy, making a video typically involves a lot more work. Fortunately, AI tools like Lucas can create a video for you in seconds. And AI can update your video in seconds to match your brand.
The right branding helps convey your values, style, and the essence of your message. In an era when people often connect with brands on a personal level through digital content, effective video branding can be part of what turns casual viewers into loyal customers.
How To Use AI To Brand Your Video
Keeping your video on brand couldn’t be easier with Lucas. Here’s a step-by-step guide to branding your video using our AI video creator.
1. Go to the Brand Kit
After you log in, you’ll see a few options to the right underneath your email address.
- History: You’ll find your recent videos created here.
- My Videos: Videos purchased in the past 30 days are listed here.
- Brand Kit: We’re going to talk more about this below.
- FAQ: This takes you to our ever-expanding library of answers to your burning questions.
- Log Out: Click this when you want to log out of your account.
Under your email address, click on the Brand Kit so that section expands.
The first step is to log in. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up for free.
2. Add Your Brands
The great thing about the Brand Kit is that you can add more than one brand. Are you an agency with multiple clients? Maybe you’re a business with several products that have distinct branding? Or you might use Lucas for personal and professional use, so you want to show both brands.
Lucas can accommodate multiple brands under one account.
Label your brand whatever you’d like. I suggest the name of your company, but you feel free to get creative. Then upload your logo, which will appear next to the name.
3. Customize Your Brand
Now you want to add fonts and colors. You can choose colors visually with the color picker, but if you want to match your brand colors exactly, you should use RGB or hex values. This guarantees you match the exact shade for your brand.
If your brand color is a calm cerulean, for example, like the first box in the palette shown above, you could input either of these values to get the same shade of blue:
- rgb(0, 123, 167)
Lucas automatically converts hex values to RGB, so don’t worry if you see the numbers change. Once your color is selected, it will appear in the box.
Be sure to choose all 4 colors. The first 2 are primary colors while the last 2 should be secondary. For the best visual contrast, the first color in the palette should be darker than the second, and the third color should be darker than the fourth.
Tip: Use white (or a light branded color) for your second color in the palette.
You can even describe your brand in the box shown above, part of your AI Brand Kit. Lucas can learn a lot about your brand from the tone of voice and terminology you include here, which he’ll use as he creates your video, so be sure not to skip this step.
4. Don’t Forget Your Website
Lastly, add your website URL in the box at the bottom. This will become the default link for CTA buttons for your future interactive AI videos.
When your video is shared on our landing page, it can be interactive — a great way to drive action and one of our tips for creating videos that convert!
Now that your brand is set up, you’re ready to go. Next time you create a video, it will automatically be made with the fonts, colors and logo of the first brand in your Brand Kit. If you want to make a video with different branding, just select the bubble next to that business name.
That’s all there is to it!
Elements of Branding for Video
As discussed above, branding is a powerful tool for videos. Any digital content you create is an extension of your brand identity. By harmonizing various elements, you can create a memorable and consistent viewer experience.
Here are the core components to factor in when it comes to branding your AI video.
- Colors: The colors you choose for your videos have an impact on the emotions and associations they evoke. Consistency is key here. Your brand’s signature colors should be prevalent in your video’s background, text, and graphics. These colors should reflect your brand’s personality and values.
- Fonts: Fonts are like the typeface of your brand’s personality. Selecting the right fonts can reinforce your message and help convey your brand’s style. Whether it’s playful, professional, or modern, consistent font choices across your videos ensure a cohesive look. Lucas supports a wide range of fonts.
- Your logo: Your logo is the visual cornerstone of your brand, so it should be present in most of your videos. Add your logo to the Brand Kit, and Lucas will have it handy to include in your video.
- Brand voice: Your brand voice should be in sync with your brand’s communication style. As a brand, are you humorous, serious, enthusiastic, authoritative, down-to-earth? Your voice should resonate with your target audience and stay consistent across all your videos.
- Tone: The tone sets the mood for your videos. While your brand voice is consistent, tone can change based on the situation. A video ad for a flash sale might have an excited tone while a video about your brand story might be more inspirational or hopeful in tone. You can choose the tone of voice for your narrator in Lucas’s built-in editor.
These elements are the building blocks of effective video branding. Used together, they create a unique and memorable viewing experience that not only distinguishes your content but also strengthens your brand’s presence in the vast digital landscape.
Keep Your AI Video on Brand
In the dynamic world of digital content, maintaining brand consistency in your AI videos is an important part of the content creation process. This consistency ensures that your videos are easily recognizable for your audience.
That includes design elements like color schemes, font choices and logo use to voiceover and text elements like your brand voice and tone. Each of these factors contributes to the creation of a coherent brand message.
Fortunately, it’s easy to keep your videos on brand with Lucas. Just add as many brands as you need to your Brand Kit, and select the one you want to use before you generate your video. Lucas will take care of the rest, making sure your video is on brand every time.
Want to give it a try? Lucas is free to work with, and adding your brand couldn’t be easier.Try Lucas